The United States is known for its entertainment. In fact, it’s one of the most popular places for people to visit. There are tons of amazing places to see and things to do, including some pretty incredible TV shows.
We’ve put together a list of five U.S. based television shows that you’ll want to check out when you go on vacation this summer.
1. The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead is a Frank Darabont-created American horror drama television series based on the Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard comic book series of the same name.
- It is filmed in Georgia and Louisiana.
- The first season’s pilot was written by Frank Darabont, who was also executive producer along with Kirkman and Gale Ann Hurd.
- It starred Andrew Lincoln as sheriff’s deputy Rick Grimes who awakens from a coma to find that he has been bitten by a zombie epidemic that has decimated society.
- His wife Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) is killed during this attack as well as many others from their hometown Atlanta.
- He travels across the country looking for answers about what caused this worldwide event before encountering other survivors at various locations including Washington DC where he meets former high school classmate Merle Dixon (Michael Rooker).
2. Fear the Walking Dead
Preceding The Walking Dead on AMC, Fear the Walking Dead is a standalone film.
- It takes place in Los Angeles, California and follows the story of several survivors.
- As they try to maintain some semblance of normal life under the threat of flesh-eating undead monsters.
- It was originally published as a comic book series by Image Comics in 2010 before being adapted into an Emmy Award-winning television series by AMC in 2015 (season one).
- The show stars Cliff Curtis and Kim Dickens among others. It also has a significant role played by Frank Dillane who plays John Dorie on Game Of Thrones.
3. Homeland Season 7
With the seventh season of Homeland, the show’s creators have marked the end of their groundbreaking series.
- The story is about Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes), who is struggling with her mental health and her job as a CIA officer.
- She also has to deal with a major threat in Washington, DC.
- Al-Qaeda has plans to carry out an attack against US territory.
- The series follows this plotline through many twists and turns that keep you on your toes every episode.
- You’ll be shocked by how much happens before everything comes together at the end.
4. Fear the Walking Dead Season 3
Fear the Walking Dead is an American post-apocalyptic horror television series created by David Erickson and Robert Kirkman.
- It is based on the comic book series of the same name, which was published by Image Comics from 2003 to 2016.
- The show premiered on AMC in August 2015, and has since been renewed for a fourth season.
- The series follows a group of survivors in Los Angeles as they try to find their way through a world overrun by zombies who are constantly roaming about looking for food or just killing people for fun (and sometimes both).
The main characters include: Travis Manawa (Cliff Curtis), Laurie Holden’s character Madison Clark (Kim Dickens), Alicia Clark’s daughter Mari Monroe (Kiele Sanchez) who grew up without her mother because she ran off with another man named Luke when she was 16 years old.
Nick Clark(Frank Dillane) – A former police officer turned fugitive after he killed his partner during a raid gone wrong.
And finally we have Daniel Salazar aka “Cisco”, whose real name is actually Andrew Krueger but you’ll learn later why he goes by Cisco.
5. The Good Doctor Season 1
The Good Doctor is a medical drama series that aired on ABC from September 25, 2016 to May 23, 2017.
- The series stars Freddie Highmore as Dr. Shaun Murphy, a young surgeon with autism spectrum disorder who joins a prestigious hospital’s surgical unit.
- His journey as he learns how to navigate his way through life will be full of twists and turns along the way.
- You can watch The Good Doctor Season 1 online via Amazon Prime Video or Netflix, if you don’t have cable/satellite TV service yet.
These TV shows will keep you entertained
Some other Best USA TV shows that will keep you entertained:
- The Good Wife: This show is a must-watch for anyone who loves legal dramas. It follows the life of a Chicago attorney after she loses her job and starts working for a different firm. The story focuses on her relationships with other characters, including her husband and children, as well as the politics of the law profession in Chicago. This show has been praised as one of America’s best shows ever made.
- Breaking Bad: This AMC drama revolves around Walter White (Bryan Cranston), who becomes involved in producing meth after being diagnosed with cancer. He struggles against his family members’ wishes that he stop producing drugs due to their concern over his health but ultimately decides that it’s worth it because money can’t buy happiness anyway.
We hope this article has helped you discover some new TV shows to watch in the US. Remember, there are so many options out there, but these five will keep you entertained for sure. These shows can be viewd on Hurawatch with ease and comfort.
If you want to see what else is available on Netflix or Hulu, head over and check out our lists for those too. Happy watching everyone.