For intermediate education (in India), there are two options in science stream- Maths and Biology. Depending on their career objectives, students choose one of these two. Biology, along with Physics and Chemistry, forms the building blocks of science. Those who want to pursue a career in the medical sector, opt biology. Considering this, Biology practical book class 11 helps students develop knowledge and achieve their goals.
Why is Studying Biology Important?
Biology teaches about how living organisms interact with each other and how diverse life forms are. Here are a few reasons why students need to gain practical knowledge on biology:
● Biological science lays the foundation for further sub disciplines like Zoology, Botany, Ecology, Bioinformatics and Research, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Hematology, Oncology, and many more.
● It gives a deeper understanding of the world and its natural processes.
● Students learn how life began, survived, evolved, and changed.
● It explains everything from microorganisms to the entire ecosystem.
● It educates students about various organs and how the human body works. Therefore, students learn about their bodies and their complicated connections.
● From unicellular microorganisms to complex multicellular organisms are covered.
● Understanding the practical application of biology is essential, especially from a medical point of view. It teaches how to identify diseases and form their cure.
● When students learn biology, they can strive to create a better and healthier environment.
● The many disciplines of biology have had a great influence on the agricultural field as well.
Exam Tips to Ace Your Biology Practicals
The study of biology would be incomplete without practical knowledge. As the subject deals with studying living beings and their vital processes, students must have practical classes to gain clear knowledge. Whether a student wants to become a world-class doctor or scientist, practical exams play a crucial role. They need to prepare for the practical tests as well in addition to the theoretical exams. For better preparation, they can use a biology practical book class 11. Here we mention some tips to ace the practical exams.
1. To ace practicals, study the theoretical part as it forms the base of the practicals.
2. Diagrams are crucial. Learn the biological diagrams well. The good news is that the brain can remember illustrations better than plain words. Use this to your benefit.
3. Think of experiments like plots for a story. Learn each step like an episode and remember what follows next.
4. You can also make use of mnemonics to remember steps.
5. Make notes of all the key points while studying. Use this as a quick revision book to recap everything before the exam.
6. Studying in groups can also prove useful. Each student can explain an experiment while others ask questions and doubts. This way, everybody learns how to confidently explain and answer hard viva questions.
7. Make sure to write the experiment in detail. Often students lose marks because they skip steps while writing in a hurry.
Many students spend a lot of time preparing for theory exams but take the practical exams lightly. Students must remember that to score high in biology; practicals are equally important. Follow the above steps to ace the practical exams.
List of Common Biology Experiments for Class 11 Practicals
The higher secondary exams are always a turning point in any student’s life. Unlike maths, biology has two phases of examinations- theory and practicals. To gain good marks in biology, one needs to score high in both theory and practicals. Biology practicals involve several experiments and observations.
Many times some schools and colleges do not cover them all well. You can always refer to a biology practical book class 11, to get to know these in detail. Even though different boards have different syllabi for practical biology experiments, here is a common list of experiments to help you score well in the exam.
1. Paper chromatography test: The test is used to find out different chemicals in a given sample. You may be given a plant tissue and asked to observe how colour pigments spread.
2. Respiration experiment: The respiration test proves that, like all living things, plants breathe too.
3. Macronutrient tests: It is one of the most important biology practical experiments. In a given food sample, you must determine what type of macro nutrient is present.
4. Dissect and study the various parts of a plant: You can be asked to dissect and study any part of a given plant, but on most boards, flower samples are given. You must dissect it carefully and identify its parts such as anther, ovary, and whorl.
The ISC Biology practical workbook Class 11 covers all these experiments and their related exercises for students’ effective preparation for their upcoming examinations.
Students who take up biology have many career options to choose from. Before that, they need to understand every concept in detail. It requires profound education and well-designed textbooks.
Experts prepared the biology practical book class 11 in accordance with the syllabus approved by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. It helps the students learn biology easily and interestingly. You can find books online at reputed selling points like GetMyBooks and get them delivered to your doorstep.
For more Informational content, Visit Picukiways and get updated.