Your gut health is one of the most important aspects of your overall well-being. With digestive issues becoming increasingly common, more and more people are turning to supplements to help regulate their digestion and improve their health.
But how do digestive support supplements actually work, and what benefits can they provide? In this blog post, we will explore how supplements can help regulate your gut health and provide you with some helpful tips on how to choose a quality supplement that works for you. Read on to learn more!
What are Digestive Supplements?
Your body uses digestive enzymes to break down the carbs, lipids, and proteins in food. This is essential for nutrient absorption and maintaining good health. The nutrients in your diet are wasted if these enzymes are not present. Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) is the medical term for when a shortage of digestive enzymes causes poor digestion and malnutrition. When that occurs, you can use digestive enzyme replacement before meals to aid your body in properly breaking down food.
There are a variety of different types of detox supplements that can help to regulate gut health. Probiotics are live bacteria that can help restore the balance of good and bad bacteria in the gut. Prebiotics are non-digestible fibres that act as food for probiotics, helping them to thrive. Enzymes are proteins that help to break down food so that it can be absorbed more easily.
Digestive support supplements can also contain herbs and other ingredients that can help soothe the digestive system and promote regularity.
How do They Help to Regulate Your Gut Health?
There are many different types of digestive supplements on the market, each with its specific benefits. However, all digestive supplements help to regulate gut health in one way or another. Here are some of how they can help:
- By providing beneficial bacteria and enzymes that help to break down food and absorb nutrients more efficiently.
- By helping to reduce inflammation and irritation in the gut.
- By aiding in the removal of toxins and waste from the body.
- By supporting a healthy immune system, which helps to protect against infections and disease.
Digestive vitamins can be very beneficial for people who have digestive problems and are struggling to maintain a healthy gut. Consult your doctor or another health professional to ensure that taking a digestive supplement is right for you.
What is Psyllium Husks?
Psyllium husks are a type of dietary fibre that comes from the Plantago ovata plant. It’s best known for its laxative properties. However, research shows that psyllium consumption benefits several organs, including the heart and pancreas.
When taken with adequate water, bonvit psyllium husks can help bulk up stools and make them easier to pass. This can be helpful for people who suffer from constipation or irregular bowel movements. It can also help reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, making it a beneficial supplement for people with diabetes or high cholesterol.
Benefits of Psyllium for Digestive System
- Improves Your Digestive Health: Husk’s fibre aids in digestion control. Fibre traps and eliminates waste because it cannot be absorbed by the body when combined with water to form a gel that travels through the digestive system. This lessens the discomfort caused by haemorrhoids by facilitating the body’s easier passage of waste, encouraging regular bowel movements, minimising gas accumulation, and softening stools.
- Prevents Diarrhoea and Constipation: Psyllium gives stool more volume by absorbing extra water in the digestive system. It treats mild to moderate diarrhoea and eases constipation. It is frequently used as a laxative because it causes the intestines to contract and speeds up the process of stool coming out of the body.
- Keeps you Healthy: Staying regular might be difficult because many of us fall short of our daily fibre goals. Due to its high fibre content, psyllium husk can keep your bowels moving by absorbing fluids in your intestines and resulting in softer stools.
- Promotes a Healthy Weight: This supplement can be an excellent companion, whether your goal is to lose a few pounds or reduce sugar cravings. Insoluble fibre slows down digestion to prevent blood sugar rises that can cause you to grab sugary treats. Additionally, it assists in maintaining a healthy weight and helping you feel fuller for longer.
- Encourages Immunity: It can boost your immune system and it can also help your body fight off pathogens, prevent infections, and encourage the formation of healthy tissues and cells. After all, the gut is home to around 70% of your immune system.
This supplement can assist you in achieving your daily fibre objectives when combined with a healthy, fibre-rich diet. Psyllium husk is often taken in amounts of 5 to 10 grammes. And keep in mind that more isn’t necessarily better; taking too much might be uncomfortable and have the opposite effect.