To prepare for a move, you should start packing as soon as your moving date is set. However, packing a house can take some time, so you should start packing as early as possible to make sure everything is ready on your moving date.
By planning your move, you can make sure that you have enough time to complete it.
Here, in this blog post, we take a look at the amount of time it takes for a house to move in Melbourne.
Factors affecting the house moving process
There are several factors to consider when estimating how long it will take to pack for a trip, including the number of people packing, their experience, the size and layout of the rooms, and how cluttered the rooms are. You’ll need to decide how much time you’ll be spending packing and how often you’ll be doing it.
By multiplying the distance between two points by the speed of light, we can estimate the distance between those points. This will give you the time it would take for light to travel between the two points.
If your move is local, your house removalists in Melbourne can move your belongings the same day. However, if the new residence is located in a distant city or another country, moving may take up to a week or more.
- People involved in the team: The number of people working on the move will affect how quickly it can be completed. Having more people on the team will help speed up the process. You can ask to consult with your moving company to see if they can provide additional personnel to help with the packing.
- Sort your valuables: When you move, the furniture removalists will have to pack everything up into boxes, take apart furniture, and load it all into the truck. By preparing your belongings yourself, you can save time on the day of the move. Breaking down your cabinets, mattresses, and desks, and packing small items in clearly labelled boxes can save time and money.
- Transfer of utilities: Your utilities will need to be transferred to your new home before you move in. This will require a few days of preparation, and you’ll need to let the utility companies know at least a week in advance so they can schedule the disconnection of your services.
- Well-designed plan: When you’re moving, it’s helpful to have a plan for what you’ll need. Make a list of things you’ll need before the move, and leave them until last. If you have to search through boxes that are already packed, this will slow down your packing process. Even if you move into a new room, you’ll need some of the same essentials as you did in your old home. Label this box so you can find it quickly and have everything you need right at hand.
- Loading of the truck: How long it takes to load the truck depends on the number of pieces of furniture and how much needs to be bubble-wrapped. Every three large items (dining table, sofa, etc.) takes around 15 minutes extra during the whole moving process.
- Unloading of the truck: This will vary depending on the furniture you have, the size of the property you’re moving to, and how you want your furniture arranged. However, on average, it can take around two weeks to move your furniture and belongings to your new home. If everything goes as planned, it should take no more than two hours to move your furniture. If there are a lot of items to be moved and the removal company takes their time, it could take three and a half hours.
It is difficult to predict how long it will take for house removalists in Melbourne to be able to relocate your belongings because it depends on many variables. If you value your time, you must hire an expert removalist.