When it comes to special occasions, there’s always so much to take care of – from picking out the perfect date to selecting the right venue. That’s where an event planner can help out. In this article, we’re going to give you 5 tips on how to find and hire an event planner. So get ready to enjoy your special day without all the stress!
Planning A Special Event: What To Expect
Planning a special event can be intimidating, but with the help of an event planner, it can be a breeze! You can hire professional party planners, who can bring your vision to life and make sure that every detail is accounted for.
Here are some tips on how to hire an event planner to help you plan your special occasion:
1. Determine Your Event Style
One of the first things you should do is determine the style of your event. If you’re planning a traditional ceremony and reception, an event planner may not be necessary. However, if you’re thinking about throwing a themed party or festival, hiring an event planner is essential! They can help you coordinate every aspect of your party from the invitations to the food and décor.
2. Select A Date And Time Frame
Once you’ve determined the style of your event and selected a date and time frame, you’ll need to start working on invitations. Unless you have close friends and family who live nearby, it’s likely that most people will want to receive invitations in advance. Send out your invites between 6-8 months in advance of your party for optimal response rates. It’s also important to keep in mind that weekends tend to be more popular than weekdays for events so factor this into your invitation schedule as well.
3. Arrange A Venue And Appointments With Caterers
Now that you have a date and time frame for your party, it’s time to start preliminary planning with the venue(s).
How Much Does it Cost to Hire An Event Planner?
When planning a special occasion, one of the most important decisions to make is who will handle the event coordination. There are innumerable options when it comes to hiring an event planner – from using online services to booking a coordinator through a personal referral. In order to get an accurate estimate of what it will cost to hire an event planner, you first need to understand what Event Planners offer and their typical fees.
2. Types of Event Coordinators lAn event planner can be classified in several ways: full-service, part-time or commission-based planners. Full Service Event Planners usually offer more comprehensive services such as setting up catering and musical entertainment, while Part Time or Commission Based planners only offer a limited range of services such as assistance with invitations, seating arrangements and favors. The fee for a full service coordinator ranges from around $1,000 – $10,000+, while part time coordinators typically charge between $200 – $2,500+.
3. What Services Do Event Planners Offer? When you hire an event planner, they will likely offer a range of services including but not limited to:
– invitations design and printing
– floral design and arrangement
– food service management
– venue selection and recommendation
– media buying/planning
– interactive programming (iPads/tablets)
Tips for Hiring the Right Event Planner
1. Do your research. It is important to find an event planner who is experienced in what you are hoping to achieve with your special occasion. Ask around, ask family and friends, and look online for recommendations. Make sure the person you choose has experience with the type of event you are Planning.
2. Get a quote. Once you have found a candidate, make an appointment to meet with them to discuss your desired outcome and how they can help deliver on that goal. It is important to have a clear understanding of their services before making a commitment to hire them. At this meeting, be prepared to provide some specific details about your event (date, location, theme, etc.) so that the planner can provide an estimate for creating the detailed event plan YOU desire!
3. Be prepared to pay for quality workmanship. Be sure to ask any potential planner what fees will be associated with their services- many planners offer a free consultation before charging anything else! Also be sure to understand any possible extras or upgrades that may be included in the cost of their services- these may include things like Souvenir Books, Customized Wording For Programs Or Place Cards, or additional staffing ( Event Coordinators, Musicians, Bartenders). Because planning an event can be expensive- it is important that you are clear on all costs up front so there are no surprises later on!
Also Read: Authentic Features to Boost Brand Awareness using Custom Haircare Boxes
Istg Meaning: What Do All Those Abbreviations Mean, Anyway?
No matter what type of event you are planning, it is always a good idea to enlist the help of an event planner. Whether you are hosting an elegant dinner party or want to hold a backyard barbecue, having someone on hand to help with planning can make all the difference. Not only will they be able to assist with things like menu selection and seating arrangements, but they can also take care of everything from floral arrangements and lighting to giveaways and music selection. When hiring an event planner, be sure to consider their experience level and what types of events they are most comfortable working with. We hope our tips have helped you in making your decision about who to call on for help when organizing your next special occasion!